Frequently Asked Questions About Hiring Me as an SEO and CRO Consultant
Interested in SEO and CRO services for your organization?
To give you a better idea of what to expect when you work with me, here are some commonly asked questions and answers:
What does working with you look like?
I only work with a handful of clients at a time. And embed deep with each client’s team; getting to know all the nuances of their product, market, business, and workflows.
As a client, we’ll communicate regularly via video calls and email to determine the best path forward for your SEO and CRO goals, set implementation objectives, and work through all the nuances of implementation together.
I can handle many aspects of implementation for you (more details below). In addition to being able to train and transfer skills to your team so they can effectively manage SEO and CRO in house.
What done-for-you SEO services do you offer?
In addition to the strategy work we’ll do together via our regular calls and email communications, I also provide done-for-you services such as:
- Keyword research to identify the 80/20 (highest value) keywords for your business.
- Mapping your optimal web site architecture and internal linking strategy.
- Site speed analysis and optimization (depending on CMS).
- Creating web design mock ups for SEO focused pages that incorporate UX design best practices.
- Creating content briefs (to be used by in house or contracted writers), based on the content strategy we develop together.
- Editing content from both an SEO and a content strategy perspective.
- [Beta Version] Interviewing you and your team to catalog your unique knowledge, and use AI tools to generate content around it.
- [Beta Version] Re-purposing knowledge assets such as videos, podcasts, and whitepapers into search optimized written content with AI tools.
What CRO services do you offer?
Google continues to put more and more emphasis on user experience signals as ranking factors. Google measures this experience directly as it crawls your site, as well as by monitoring things like how quickly visitors return to Google after visiting your site.
I lean on my background in CRO (conversion rate optimization) to help you not only improve the user experience of your site, but also improve conversion rates across your marketing funnel. I’ll help you with things like:
- Mapping the customer journey for your key personas. This helps us tailor your SEO keyword strategy to the unique journey of your audience, and optimize on page CTAs to match where visitors are on that journey.
- Analyzing analytics data for clues on how you can improve UX metrics that will lead to better rankings, as well as higher conversions.
- Helping your team build a content funnel that maximizes conversions from each piece of content you create.
- Creating, monitoring, and reporting on A/B tests.
- Conducting qualitative user research such as customer surveys or user testing.
- You can read more about how SEO and CRO work together here.
What sets you apart from other SEO and CRO consultants?
There are a lot of unique advantages to working with me, but I think three worth highlighting are:
- I have experience growing a wide range of organizations (from small startups, to billion dollar companies, to nonprofits) with both SEO and CRO. These are two distinct skillsets that create an enormous amount of synergy when combined together.
While it’s not uncommon to find people with some experience in both SEO and CRO, it’s rare to find someone with deep knowledge in both areas. And even more rare to find someone who specializes in combining them together for maximum impact.
- I have a unique philosophy and approach for helping you uncover your organization’s unique knowledge (which all organizations have, whether they know it or not).
Together, we’ll turn that knowledge into high traffic content resources that will grow your revenue and impact. And also leverage that knowledge in CRO to crystalize and communicate your company’s unique advantages, so it’s obvious why visitors should buy from you instead of competitors.
Compare this with typical SEOs that focus on churning out generic content that anyone could create, giving you no competitive advantage. Or typical CROs that only focus on surface level “conversion hacks,” completely overlooking the essence of why people really buy from you.
- I’m on a mission to make the world a better place by spreading valuable knowledge through the internet, and making your organization a leader in its field in the process.
Because most SEOs lack a core mission like this, they fall into the trap of short sighted hacks for speeding up content production. Ultimately resulting in polluting the internet with rehashed, low quality content that makes people’s lives confusing and frustrating. And in the long run, Google gets better and better at filtering out this low quality content. So it’s a lose-lose situation for everyone involved.
Can you train my team on SEO and CRO?
Yes. I take an apprenticeship style approach, and train internal team members as we work through implementation together. Once they’re ready, ongoing SEO and CRO responsibilities can be handed off to your team.
I can also help your organization develop effective systems and workflows for the smooth, ongoing management and growth of your SEO and CRO program.
What in house resources do we need to succeed?
In general, I work best with teams that have at least one in house marketing person, or someone who can coordinate in house resources.
Depending on the SEO model we’re applying, we may also need some content writing resources (either in house, contracted, or from content partnerships). As well as some in house design and development bandwidth.
How long will it take to see results?
I aim to prove the concept of the SEO model we work on together within the first three months. This means a small scale version of the model that achieves some initial rankings and traffic.
However, significant traffic and conversions generally take 6-12 months. Particularly if a lot of new content creation is involved, as it will take time to produce.
Results from SEO tend to compound and grow the longer you invest in it.
With CRO, results can be seen faster. A typical A/B test takes several weeks to run. Some changes can even be made without an A/B test, and we can assess their impact by analyzing historical data.
How much do you charge?
I charge $100 USD per hour, with a 15 hour minimum monthly retainer.
Do you offer a guarantee?
Yes. I offer a money back guarantee on each monthly retainer period. If at the end of a monthly retainer period you’re unsatisfied for any reason, you can get a full refund of that month’s retainer fee.
Naturally, once the next monthly retainer period starts I’ll assume satisfaction on the value delivered the previous month. So no refunds are available on past months e.g. you can’t request a refund for the previous three months of work.
Let’s Chat About Working Together
Fill out the form below and let’s chat about how I can help your team with SEO and CRO: